Sometimes life gets too busy, hectic. We feel stressed and not only do we wish we had more time but we wonder if we’re doing what we should be doing in the time we do have. It’s good- imperative even- during these moments to slow down and take a moment to focus on the good things in life, the positive actions you’re doing for yourself and others. That’s what I did recently and here’s what I came up with.
These are my goals:
* I will be a successful published writer.
* I will entertain people with my stories.
* I will promote literacy, especially in children’s lives.
These are what I’ve been doing in alignment with my goals:
* Working at Green Bean Books allows me to recommend titles that suit a person’s interests- finding the perfect book that may make someone a lifelong avid reader. I love being a bookseller!
* Volunteering at the Children’s Book Bank allows me to get books into the hands of children of low-income families.
* Volunteering with the Multnomah County Library allows me to help an institution that is integral not only in the literary community but as a community in general.
* Serving in the Friends of the Library Board allows me to promote the wonderful services of Multnomah County Library.
* Blogging for The Chronicles Of A Children’s Book Writer allows me to share my passion. It’s a great opportunity to connect with other readers and be part of something wonderful.